India, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, or the Philippines? Where should you open an office in Asia? We have rounded up the data on average salaries, office space rentals, and tax rates to make it easier for entrepreneurs and companies to find out which city offers the best value in offshoring and outsourcing.
- Manila offers the lowest labor rates which start at $250 a month or $3,000 a year.
- For office space rates, Manila still has the lowest rates for prime office space, which starts at $1.58/sq. ft.
- Taxes are highest in India, with 34% corporate taxes, 12.5% indirect taxes, SMB effective tax rate of 63.3%.
- Malaysia offers competitive salary rates as well, with skilled developers starting at $362.50 a month, or $4350 a year.
- Vietnam has the lowest tax rate, which is at 25%.