The travel consultant will sell transportation, lodging, and admission to individuals and group trips. They offer advice on destinations, plan trip itineraries, and make travel arrangements for clients.
Travel consultants must be and typically do the following:
- Arrange travel for business and leisure for high--end clientele globally
- Determine customers’ needs and preferences, such as schedules and costs
- Plan and arrange greeters, tour packages, excursions, and day trips
- Find fare and schedule information
- Calculate total travel costs
- Book reservations for travel, hotels, rental cars, and special events, such as tours and excursions
- Tell clients about what their trip will be like, including giving details on required documents such as passports or visas
- Make alternative booking arrangements if changes arise before or during the trip
- Open to other tasks both admin and operations
The travel consultants will help travelers by sorting through vast amounts of information to find the best possible travel arrangements. In addition, resorts and specialty travel groups use travel agents to promote travel packages to their clients.
They will report to a shift manager who will transfer the information to the client. Travel agents will use a reservation system called a Global distribution system (GDS) or Apollo to access travel information and make reservations with travel suppliers such as airlines or hotels.
Work Environment and Schedule:
The travel consultants will be working out of a small home office in Makati, where they will spend much more of their time on the computer handling travel tasks. In some cases, consultants may face stress during travel emergencies or anticipate schedule unanticipated schedule changes.
This is a full time position with 1 hr break in between because majority of the clientele is based abroad. The schedule will differ and consultants may need to work at night.
- Fresh- Must be in their early twenties to early thirties.
- Fresh Grads are welcome to apply
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Technically adaptable- They will be learning a GDS system which is a system we sue for booking flights, hotels and cars. These systems will talk to the suppliers so they must learn how to use it.
- Adventurousness- Travel agencies that specialize in exotic destinations or particular types of travel, such as adventure travel or ecotourism, may prefer to hire travel agents who share these interests.
- Communication skills - Travel agents must listen to customers, understand their travel needs, and offer appropriate travel advice and information.
- Customer service skills - When customers need to make last minute changes in their travel arrangements, travel agents must be able to respond to questions and complaints in a friendly and professional manner.
- Detail Oriented – Travel agents must pay attention to details in order to ensure that the reservations they make match traveler’s needs. They must make reservations at they correct dates, time and locations to meet traveler’s schedules.
- Organizational skills - Travel agents should have strong organizational skills because they often work on itineraries for many customers at once. Keeping client information in order and ensuring that bills and receipts are processed in a timely manner is essential.
- Driven - This is not a hand holding environment, the company can teach you the foundation but essentially it is up to the applicant to strive and do better in order to understand the information that will be presented in front of him/her.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree , any field.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably has an experience in Travel and leisure and with GDS experience.
- A plus if consultant is well travelled and has been out of the country numerous times.
- This will be taught ove the course of a 2-3 month period and they will be evaluated
- Fresh Grads are welcome to apply
- Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in Customer Service or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.