The Engineer and Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing and identifying sales and business development opportunities, bridging communication between clients and internal engineering team, providing technical advice, analysis to clients on purchasing or marketing strategy, conduct necessary technical or marketing research, planning and controlling project delivery and results.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Support execution of CEA’s business development initiatives in Australia and potentially also Asia Pacific
- Coordinate with a dynamic team of quality control engineers, solar industry professionals, and commercial team members in Australia, Asia, and Europe along with external partners to execute project engagements for clients in in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific
- Act as CEA’s point of communication with clients in Australia, and potentially also Asia Pacific for new requests regarding quality assurance, engineering, supply chain management or market research services, i.e. leading the request receipt and review, coordinating with internal team to create a proposal, submitting and negotiation of the offer and closing the contract
- Coordinate with internal CEA teams on assigned accounts, in order to deliver customized client solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Participate in industry tradeshows and seminars
- Represent CEA at high level client facing meetings and other engagements, and manage communications among clients, employees and project stakeholders
- Internal support for the operation of CEA commercial team on industry knowledge, project feasibility and technical troubleshooting
- External support for technical advice and analysis to clients on purchasing or marketing strategy and conduct necessary technical or marketing research accordingly
- Develop, manage and approve project scope and budget, manage deviations from scope and progress towards budget throughout duration of project, or review and approve those of other project team members
- PV technical Due Diligence assessment including independent review of solar PV designs, testing/commissioning procedures and QA/QC documentation
- The candidate will report directly to Senior Business Development Manager, EMEA & APAC.