The split role of Accounts Payable Officer / Payroll Assistant will be responsible for the overall end to end management and delivery of the Accounts Payable function, including timely invoice processing and general maintenance of supplier accounts. In the role of Payroll Assistant, you will work with our Senior Payroll Officer and assist in reconciliation, personnel management and ensuring all staff are paid on time, accurately and appropriately.
This is a critical support role of childcare centre staff and accordingly your key “client” is our staff.
- Email management
- Answer incoming calls for main telephone line and distribute calls to the appropriate person in Sydney office or deal with queries where appropriate
- Coding invoices in Sage X3 and ensure all costs are correctly classified and recorded in the general ledger within agreed timeframes
- Ensure GST is correctly coded on invoices and assist the Finance Manager with GST reconciliations and reporting
- Reconciliation of supplier statements (full ownership to resolution of all necessary follow up action to ensure that any reconciliation variances are resolved)
- Maintain an up to date AP system to facilitate on time payment of invoices
- Supplier payments (15th, 30th and ad hoc)
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Investigate and resolve AP issues
- Communicate with AP suppliers
- Prepare and distribute weekly bank deposit reports to centres
- Managed the corporate credit card acquittal and reconciliation process, and process expenditure in Sage X3
- Assist with the accurate processing of fortnightly payroll within a specified timeframe and in accordance with statutory requirements
- Ensure that all payroll information on the computerised payroll system is maintained accurately
- Calculate and process all salary and wages increases (including back pay if required), leave entitlements, other adjustments and termination payments in accordance with statutory requirements
- Prepare reports, correspondence and memorandums on current payroll issues
- Provide effective solutions to administrative payroll issues
- Ensure that all employee payroll information and documentation and records are received, accurate and complete and maintained as required by statute and policy
- Produce and reconcile PAYG Payment Summaries at year end
- Assist in effective liaison with management and employees regarding the calculation and payment of salaries and wages and all associated matters.
- Support the finance team for month-end (prepayments, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations) which includes providing commentary to explain variances and full ownership to resolution of all necessary follow up action to ensure that any reconciliation variances are cleared.
- Proactively determine opportunities to streamline and/or automate processes
- Work co-operatively within a team, exchange information, and assist other team members to achieve team objectives and work outcomes
- Support and assist the Finance Manager with various ad hoc duties, including EOM procedures and reporting.