SUMMARY AND BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
Responsible for accounts payable and payroll functions, and ensures that payments are processed both in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and statutory regulations.
KEY RESULTS AREAS (KRAs)
1. Accounts Payable Management
- Performs the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensures that company finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Receives and verifies purchase orders, requisitions and invoices for goods and services.
- Verifies that transactions, requisitions comply with the company financial policies and procedures.
- Prepares payment vouchers.
- Manages, records and prepares cheques (manual).
- Handles data entry of invoices for payment procedure.
- Maintains regular payable schedules.
- Corresponds along with vendors and react to inquiries.
- Provides administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Maintains a filing system for all Payment Vouchers, Cash request and Replenishment of Debit Card and other financial files.
- Ensures the confidentiality and security of finance-related files.
2. Payroll Management
- Preparares and processes the payroll
- Validates payroll disputes for adjustment
- Prepares the final pay of resigned employees
- Processes applications of payroll ATMs
3. Treasury Management
- Monitors the bank accounts
- Interfaces with Cash Forecast or Cash Flow (Philippine Peso and AUD) for projections of cash outflows and transfer of fund request
4. Records and Report Management
- Prepares Financial Statement Schedules (Balance Sheet, Income Statement Schedule)
- Prepares Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Prepares Fixed Asset Lapsing Schedule and Fixed Asset Register
- Assists in preparation of analyses of month-end reports
- Prepares the Financial reporting as required for filings to PEZA, BIR and other Government units
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns
5. Performance Management
- Ensures timely processing of the payroll
- Ensures employee satisfaction through tasks and responsibilities related to proper payroll crediting
- Ensures that purchase orders, advances, and payments are processed on time and in accordance with company policies
- Ensures timely filing and payment of governmental reportorial requirements
- Consistently achieves timely delivery of Financial Reports
- Provides assistance in preparing yearly budgets and conducting monthly comparison with actual results
- Prepares and maintains regular communication with the direct manager
- Assists the Finance Manager in the management of the Finance function
- All other tasks that may be assigned by management from time to time.
1. Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, and must be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
2. Work Experience:
- 3+ years experience in finance, accounting, and processing of requirements for permits and reports; having PEZA experience is a huge advantage
- 3+ years handling payroll functions
- Experience in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is a plus
- Experience in month-end closing processes, monthly projections, budgets, analysis