Key selection criteria
- Formal qualifications in Bookkeeping or Accounting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly computer literate – strong software skills including XERO, MYOB, Excel, SuiteFiles etc
- Self-motivated, resourceful, able to work unsupervised and independently.
- Client-focused, friendly, professional manner, and polite.
- Ability to meet productivity levels and workflow.
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Previous experience in public practice.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
To assist managers in preparation of financial accounts, tax returns, BAS returns, other accounting and compliance requirements, e.g. cashflow statements & budgets.
Completion of financial records and financial accounts to final trial balance for companies, partnerships, trusts, and sole traders. Bookkeeping requirements and reconciliations including:
- Bank accounts
- Credit cards
- Debtors and creditors
- Wages and payroll
- Fixed Assets / Depreciation
- GST, PAYGWHT, and PAYG instalments
- Equipment Finance / Interest
- Bank Loans / Interest
- Reconciliation of Income per ledger to BAS
- Directors Loans etc
Preparation of tax returns for same entities, including income tax returns, business and instalment activity statements.
Preparation of other returns and documentation including land tax registrations, workers compensation audit certificates, long service leave certificate, etc.
Complete relevant correspondence to clients, tax office and other entities.
- General administration duties including savings/managing client documents, correspondence
- Manage workflow - keep manager informed of workflow progress and issues,
- Follow systems and procedures
- 100% accuracy
- Meet productivity targets