The primary responsibilities of the System Technician are to perform installation and maintenance of Avaya/Nortel/Cisco equipment and adjuncts on customer premises. The System Technician will receive assignments from the Project Manager, Manager – MSSC, and/or direct from the local Customer onsite contact. The System Technician will keep detailed records for time reporting and billing purposes.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform installation and maintenance of Avaya/Nortel/Cisco Systems and associated equipment. Ensure quality install/repair of equipment to manufacture standards, network connectivity, WAN/LAN connectivity, cabling/wiring install/repair, and station install/repair.
- Perform software and firmware updates to system processors, servers, gateways, system circuit packs, IP stations, and associated equipment.
- Perform Move, Add, Change and Disconnects (MACD) as required.
- Performs maintenance analysis and trouble shooting on Avaya/Nortel/Cisco Systems, adjuncts, associated station/terminal equipment, and associated peripheral equipment.
- Keeps detailed records of MACD and maintenance tickets, trouble resolution, documentation, and emails related to installation and maintenance activity.
- Provide cutover support, out of hours testing and support whenever called upon.
- Be available to travel or work between multiple locations.
- Attend training classes, management meetings and conference calls as required.
- Receive assignments and work directly with the telecommunications staff, network administrators, and customer staff for the supported products, systems and end users.