The candidate must have demonstrated experience with both VMware administration tools (vCenter/Horizon/SRM) and underlying ESXi architecture support (ESXi, vCenter, SQL Server, Windows, host hardware,storage connectivity)
Tools for the Job
- VMware (40%)
- Windows (30%)
- Linux (10%)
- Azure Cloud (10% and growing)
- Nice to have skills: Nimble or EMC SAN Storage / Cisco Servers / VDI (VMware) / Trend Micro / SharePoint / ServiceNow / Okta / Evault or similar cloud backup solutions
Job Responsibility (Day to Day)
- Assist with support of VMware & Windows management, servers and infrastructure applications.
- Provide end user support to employees as needed.
- Building and maintaining VMware templates, ie. adding software packages, patching, hardening to VM templates
- Capacity review and planning for VMware environments.
- This candidate will act as a member of the Internal IT team as a VMWare Administrator. The candidate will handle support activities for:
- ESX hosts/Virtual Center support – Purple screen diagnosis, ESX hosts upgrades, Standard and VDS network troubleshooting, Virtual Center upgrades, storage management,
- Windows support for issue related to underlying infrastructure support
- Storage troubleshooting for underlying infrastructure support
- The role will also develop remote support /process knowledge experience as well. The candidate will get exposure to cross team/cross region collaboration across all offices.
- The position provides major change activities including weekend work. They will help to improve procedures and monitoring, and will work on process automation tasks / scripts.
- This position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and share knowledge. They will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoy working both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Hands on experience required on Service-Now, Remedy etc. tools. (ITIL framework preferred)
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support for the collaboration technology environment (P1, Major Incident Management).
- Assist in planning, prep, execution and documentation of DR & BCP testing.
- Four or more years of experience managing VMware systems in a technical capacity.
- In depth knowledge of virtualization system technologies, specifically VMware VMware VSphere and VCenter (HA and VMotion).
- Experience in supporting solutions with high availability and disaster recovery
- Experience in real time monitoring for VMware (CA Spectrum, Nimsoft or other monitoring specific applications)
- Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies and Active Directory.
- Experience with Blade Servers and Storage products
- Familiarity with scripting and PowerCLI .
- Backup and Restore experience (HA for Virtual environment, VMware SRM, EMC)
- Understanding and execution of ITIL framework (Especially; Problem, Change Management, RCA and RFC process and procedures)
- Should be well versed in communication (English, Written and Oral) and be able to co-ordinate efficiently with onsite sub-ordinates and direct in-line managers
- Provide excellent customer service to our colleagues.