The candidate must have demonstrated experience with both building and troubleshooting Linux environments. Interoperability experience with Windows environments is a must and most clients are running in Windows infrastructures.
Tools for the Job
• Linux (60%)
• Windows (30%)
• Hardware (10%)
Nice to have skills: Virtualization / SAN Storage / UCS
Job Responsibility (Day to Day)
• Linux systems troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Provide assistance to Level 1 (monitoring team) as needed, including monitoring emails, working on incident or problem tickets, providing training/documentation.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting Linux Red Hat Servers
• Creating automation scripts for application management and operations
• Capacity review and planning
• Planning and implementing Linux Patches• Ongoing documentation updating
• The role will also develop remote support /process knowledge experience as well. The candidate will get exposure to cross team/cross region collaboration across US and India.
• The position provides major change activities including weekend work. They will help to improve procedures and monitoring, and will work on process automation tasks / scripts.
• This position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and share knowledge about Linux Servers. They will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. They must be committed to Customer Service.
• Hands on experience required on Service-Now, Remedy etc. tools. (ITIL framework preferred)
• Participate in 24/7 on-call support for the collaboration technology environment (P1, Major Incident Management).
• Three or more years of experience managing Linux systems in a technical capacity.
• Minimum 2 years of Linux system administration experience required (RHEL, OEL, Centos) version 6 and 7
• Knowledge of virtualization system technologies.
• Experience in supporting solutions with high availability and disaster recovery
• Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies and Active Directory.
• Experience with Blade Servers and Storage products
• Familiarity with scripting and Bash.
• Backup and Restore experience
• Understanding and execution of ITIL framework (Especially; Problem, Change Management, RCA and RFC process and procedures)
• Should be well versed in communication (English, Written and Oral) and be able to co-ordinate efficiently with onsite sub-ordinates and direct in-line managers
• Provide excellent customer service to internal IT customers and application owners and users.
© KMC Solutions 2017. All rights reserved.