Closing Date: 7/17/2017
The Citrix VDI specialist is accountable for installing, configuring, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all servers running on a Windows/Intel Operating System to ensure optimal operation of servers and installed applications.
The candidate handles assignments of a more complex nature and provides guidance and direction to the Monitoring / Incident Management teams. This role requires an in-depth knowledge and background in Citrix technologies.
Tools for the Job
• Citrix (40%)
• Windows (30%)
• VMware (30%)
Job Responsibility (Day to Day)
• Assist with support of desktop/laptop management, servers and infrastructure applications including VDI, patch management.
• Provide assistance to Level 1 (monitoring team) as needed, including monitoring emails, working on incident or problem tickets, providing training/documentation.
• The candidate will get exposure to cross team/cross region collaboration across US and India.
• The position provides major change activities including weekend work. They will help to improve procedures and monitoring, and will work on process automation tasks / scripts.
• This position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and share knowledge about UNIX
• Ensures optimal performance and capacity management/reporting for the Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure. Management of change and image creation/updating is critical to the success of the role. Effectively manage applications in the Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure and deliver them as a service to users anywhere.
• Ensures optimal performance of all Windows/Intel servers by proactively conducting ongoing performance monitoring and by tuning/adjusting as necessary.
• Ensure service performance meets or exceeds business expectations and is delivered in accordance with SLAs.
• Provides effective Level II Windows/Intel help desk support on a 24/7 basis by researching/analyzing issues/requests to determine server (hardware and software)/application related implications, effectively communicating with all impacted parties and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with a sense of urgency to minimize any system downtime.
• Create Knowledge Base articles of operational tasks to streamline support and empower first level support to resolve issues on a first call basis.
• Acts as a technical lead for implementation of new projects and ensures optimal server configurations. Creates optimal server infrastructure in support of new applications by researching and recommending hardware/software technologies in support of application requirements.
• Effectively maintains all Windows/Intel systems by performing maintenance patching and application upgrades (including operating system and various applications) as needed.
• Enhances functionality of systems by developing and modifying scripts to automate system processes.
• Provides support to application developers/programmers by providing technical knowledge and guidance.
• Ensures server security integrity by reviewing and implementing server policies within the system.
• Hands on experience required on Service-Now, Remedy etc. tools. (ITIL framework preferred)
• Participate in 24/7 on-call support for the collaboration technology environment (P1, Major Incident Management).
• Experience in supporting solutions with high availability and real time monitoring. (CA Spectrum, Nimsoft or other monitoring specific applications)
• Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies and Active Directory.
• Experience installing and configuring thin client devices and security.
• Experience with Blade Servers and Storage products
• Prior experience with enterprise ticketing systems, such as Service Now
• 4+ years Systems Administration experience (Windows)
• Technical Writing and Documentation Skills
• Experience using a Proven method for Compliance reporting.
• NetScaler MDX as well as SDX
• Understanding Citrix Printing Concepts
• App Assignment (User, Grp, OU)
• Platform design XA/XD
• Hypervisors – VMware and Hyper-V
• Bare Metal – Dell, HP and VCE vBlock
• Backup and Restore experience (HA for Virtual environment, EMC, NetApp)
• Understanding and execution of ITIL framework (Especially; Problem, Change Management, RCA and RFC process and procedures)
• Should be well versed in communication (English, Written and Oral) and be able to co-ordinate efficiently with onsite sub-ordinates and direct in-line managers
• Provide excellent customer service to internal IT customers and application owners and users.
© KMC Solutions 2017. All rights reserved.