• Assist with support of VMware and Windows management, servers and infrastructure applications.
• Building and maintaining VMware templates, ie. adding software packages, patching, hardening to VM templates
• Capacity review and planning for VMware environments.
• Planning and implementing windows Patches to ESX hosts
• This candidate will act as the primary engineer for VMware and Windows for a dedicated client. The candidate will handle support activities for:
o ESX hosts/Virtual Center support – Purple screen diagnosis, ESX hosts upgrades, Standard and VDS network troubleshooting, Virtual Center upgrades, storage management, and Linux scripting,
o Windows support – Troubleshooting crashes, performance issues, enhancements, capacity planning
• The role will also develop remote support /process knowledge experience as well. The candidate will get exposure to cross team/cross region collaboration across AMEA and APAC.
• The position provides major change activities. They will help to improve procedures and monitoring, and will work on process automation tasks / scripts.
• This position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and share knowledge. They will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. They must be committed to Customer Service.
• Provide guidance to Level 1 (monitoring team) including monitoring tuning, providing environment training/documentation.
• Hands on experience required on Service-Now, Remedy etc. tools. (ITIL framework preferred)
• Participate in 24/7 on-call support for the collaboration technology environment (P1, Major Incident Management).
• Four or more years of experience managing VMware and Windows systems in a technical capacity.
• In depth knowledge of virtualization system technologies, specifically VMware VMware VSphere and VCenter (HA and VMotion).
• In depth knowledge of Windows Server support 2008 R2 and higher
• Experience in supporting solutions with high availability and disaster recovery
• Experience in real time monitoring (CA Spectrum, Nimsoft or other monitoring specific applications)
• Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies and Active Directory.
• Familiarity with scripting and PowerShell.
• Backup and Restore experience (HA for Virtual environment, VMware SRM, EMC)
• Understanding and execution of ITIL framework (Especially; Problem, Change Management, RCA and RFC process and procedures)
• Should be well versed in communication (English, Written and Oral) and be able to co-ordinate efficiently with onsite sub-ordinates and direct in-line managers
• Provide excellent customer service to internal IT customers and application owners and users.
© KMC Solutions 2017. All rights reserved.