Airbnb has created a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from 34,000 cities with more than two million listings. We operate global, mission critical enterprise systems spanning all time zones. These systems are fundamental in ensuring our staff is able to maintain a high level of productivity. Our Information Technology team is growing and we are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and want to work with a high performing team.
The Contact Center Incident Lead is responsible for leading the resolution of critical incidents affecting customer facing contact center applications at Airbnb.You will work with a team of global Incident managers in a follow the sun model.This person will monitor application performance, respond to application and system alerts, The ideal candidate will lead the incident response, including communications to key stakeholders and executives, restoration activities for application and system outages, and follow-up data analysis and documentation. This role will involve a significant amount of autonomy so the candidate should be comfortable working with little direction, thrives in a fast paced and ever changing environment and can communicate upwards with aplomb.
You will work with other IT teams, business, and endors to triage, develop restoration plans, and execute on plans to recover application and supporting systems.
- Provide on-call support for critical customer facing applications
- Coordinate with other Incident Leads and vendors and conduct formal incident handoff to ensure global coverage and continuity of restoration efforts
- Own business and technical communications on incident status as well as monthly reports on overall perations health and system performance
- Coordinate all IT resources and vendors in triage, root cause analysis, and restoration for critical application and system incidents
- Lead the delivery of post incident documentation
- Oversee and lead stabilization work and fine-tuning of applications
- Leads triage of critical production incidents
- Secures resources from other teams required to restore system
- Ensures that production alerts are addressed
- Create/Update system documentation, troubleshooting guides, and other key documentation needed.
- Provide updates to senior Leadership on incidents, status and team response
- Develop and produce metrics reports on application performance and SLAs
- Perform other administrative activities in support of application operations
- 5+ years as Technical Project Manager or Incident Lead
- 3+ years of experience as production support/operations lead.
- Knowledge of architecture of contact center and CRM solutions.
- Genesys experience preferred.
- B.S. in computer science or relevant work experience in information technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to talk to non-technical business clients in being able to clarify functional requirements.