POSITION TITLE: PHP Programmer
DEPARTMENT: IT Development
REPORTS TO: IT Development Team Leader
The role of the PHP developer is to develop & deploy new modules in our API. You will be responsible for developing cutting edge technologies, which will interconnect our API system to major telecommunication companies around Australia.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Writing clean, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining the core product software and databases
- Support our API and code-base
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Develop and deploy new features to support our website and CRM
- Minimum 3 years proven PHP Development experience
- Proven experience with API development
- A solid understanding of the development stack
- Experience with agile workflows, and version control
- Willingness to learn, and a track record of being a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Degrees in Computer science, IT, Software Engineering, Programming,Web Development; or
- TAFE Diploma in Software Development, Web Development; or
- Relevant work experience (see below).
- Database Management
- Version control software (GIT, CVS, SVN)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret project requirements and write briefs.
Freedom to make design decisions when:
- Within the parameters of the project or task.
- Within time and budget constraints.
- Experience in the Telecommunications Industry.