Tools for the Job
• Backup Technologies (70%)
• Windwos administration (10%)
• Exchange/SQL (5%)
• VMware (5%)
Backup Technologies: Netbackup, Avamar, Commvault, Evault, DataDomain, Intronis
Job Responsibility (Day to Day)
• Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup implemented for customers; monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
• Create Knowledge Base articles of operational tasks to streamline support and empower first level support to resolve issues on a first call basis.
• Perform problem management and incident correlation on re-occurring issues; suggest and document workarounds and solutions.
• Be an escalation point on all backup issues
• Perform diagnosis, troubleshoot, and conduct root-cause analysis for any issues escalated on the backup platforms
• Collaborate with other members of the senior team on design and troubleshooting issues; provide customers with best-in-breed solutions.
• Create and provide reports for backup and storage environments and related activities and tasks.
• Be on call to act as a final level of escalation before resorting to vendor support
• Review optimal server infrastructure in support of new applications by researching and recommending hardware/software technologies per application requirements.
• Enhances functionality of systems by developing and modifying scripts to automate system processes.
• Provides support to application developers/programmers by providing technical knowledge and guidance.
• Hands on experience required with ITSM tools ie. Service-Now, Remedy etc.
• 3+ years’ experience in supporting multiple backup solutions and troubleshooting targeted client device backup failures.
• Experience installing and configuring various backup clients.
• Prior experience with enterprise ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow
• Systems Administration experience (Windows)
• Experience with troubleshooting Microsoft platforms
• Technical Writing and Documentation Skills
• Backup and Restore experience (HA for Virtual environment, EMC, NetApp)
• Understanding and execution of ITIL framework (Especially; Problem, Change Management, RCA and RFC process and procedures)
• Should be well versed in communication (English, Written and Oral) and be able to co-ordinate efficiently with onsite sub-ordinates and direct in-line managers
• Provide excellent customer service to internal IT customers and application owners and users.
© KMC Solutions 2017. All rights reserved.